Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Who What Where When & How

Who was it
That forgot to tell me everything?
The What's
Abundant
How to achieve them
Where they were located
That despite my ultimate desires
Some of them I would never posses
Because the world's favorite obsessions
Segregation and profit
Ultimately deem so
Even when it smiles
Offering the lie
"You can be all that you want to be"
Allow me to finish that...
"For a price"...

So now
I spend my time trying to figure out
How
To circumvent the obvious delusional potholes
Placed about this journey to me
The ultimate center
In which I must live
Survive
All the while compromising
For the world about me
With it's when's and where's
What and who's
Tantalizing just beyond my reach...
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

akilispoetry said...

"To circumvent the obvious delusional potholes
Placed about this journey to me
The ultimate center
In which I must live" woooo

those lines right there jumped out at me. i pictured your life as driving on atlantic ave with those big ass pot holes. very nice as usual. i expect nothing less.