Sunday, September 20, 2009

Simple Songs

I'd really love to write a simple song
But it never works that way
Not with colors
The way they won't bend

Should I tell my children
It'll be alright?
Knowing full well
No amount of hope
Or pennies in a well
Will make it right

I'd really love to write a simple song
But I'm at a loss
Because functionally
Equality and reality just don't mix

It's enough to make you go round and round
Mentally
Up and down
Simple songs
How now they escape man

Wish we could just
Stop
Collect ourselves
Slow down
Diminish the needs
Hum a simple melody
That way words could come
Rainbows could bend
Somehow momentarily
Unbinding the world
Of all it's greed
So everybody can sing
And I can listen in the joy they bring
Tangible
Wrapped around me
A coat of love
Round and round
Knowing this is where I belong
Lost in the lines
Of simple songs...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: