Thursday, September 3, 2009

About 8:40

Inspired by true events...

"About 8:40"

About 8:40
I'll arrive a little bloated
From conversations and a diet
That seesaws between healthy
And American
I'll sit for a moment
On the edge of the futon
Contemplate
How to avoid the landlord
Without having to stoop
To telling him how our entire first floor
Is shit
Literally
Avoid him
Just so the ten dollars I have left
Which should've gone to him
Can go towards accompanying
The month-old catfish of tonight's dinner.

About 8:40
I'll strip
At first my clothes
Then my thoughts
Exposing the naked truths
That I am not so bad off
Either way
All the while
Hunched over in creation
Of a new piece of my soul
Dispersed about
To keep me from talking to myself...
Too much.

About 8:40
The music will start within my mind
At first
A slow
Methodical drip
Echoing its way into a symphony
I'll conduct in the shower
As I lather
With the steady stream
Momentarily washing away
The dirt
Physical
Literal.

About 8:40
I'll split again
Lie to myself a little
Asking
How is it the oddity of me continues?
Ducking in and out of shadows
From my landlord and existence
Just to breathe
Get a little more bloated
In my attempt to balloon
Just enough
To float away free
Into 8:41
Into eternity...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: