Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Assumptions

Not sure where this one came from. It started out one way and turned into something different, which is quite typical of me...

"Assumptions"

Shit me
Cut me
Over fuck me
Assumptions that I could love you
Hold me close
Erase my tears
That you could love me
Is the bitter fear

Spank me
Wank me
Under pay me
Assumptions I don't know my worth
As you chide me
Thank me
Push me out your door
That I could love me
Is the bitter fear

Tat me
Pierce me
Assumptions I am pure
Born a being
Die a boy
Live as man
Seek to destroy
That I could rule thee
Is the bitter fear

5'-10"
7.5
(Cut)
Educated
Well-spoken
Assumptions I'm the same
Dark features
Curly hair
That I'm a black man
Is the bitter fear

Walk me
Run me
Chase me
Assumptions I'll just go away
Into corner liquor stores
Cigarette ads
Welfare agencies
Or maybe football fields
B-ball domes
The ever-present hip-hop video
Assumptions same
That you could be right
Is my bitter fear...
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

Rodney Kline said...

that was very moving