Monday, September 21, 2009

Instant

This is an old piece. Circa 2007. With the way the weather has been lately, I found this the perfect time to finally put this piece to digital format. As always, enjoy...

"Instant"

I stop to see
The changing trees
A chill so plush
It welcomes me
Into the fall
Death of it all
And I am just all
Transported back
Beyond the need
To simpler times
Positivity
To making moves
To upright stand
Out amongst the crowds
Going about;
I smell the blaze
Rustling near
Finding it queer
That shades could steer me
Deep to thought
Of colors strong;
A gold embrace
Of summers gone
The red rebellion
To a winter long
The saffron acceptance
Of a changing scene
The timber brown
As nature sleeps
A sullen gray
For the clouds that weep
Crystalline tears
I'll let melt upon my tongue
As I try to catch them
Like my dreams that run
Attempt escape from me
Just as easy my breath;

I stop to be one with time
Staring around
At the fine canvas
That becomes our lives
Listening to the notes
Our footfalls produce
In the infinite consciousness
That becomes
The sheet music of our hearts;
A stranger to myself
Waiting for the quiet of winter
So I may explore
Without judgment
Surroundings I'm not privy to
Because when the world is naked
It is the best time to see
As it attempts to hide it's shame
Beneath blankets of snow
That only melt away
As the harshness of reality goes on
And God seeks to forgive us;

Again
I stop
Connecting with the universe
In a single moment
As a leaf falls to my feet
The cycle of all things
Expressed
Revealed
In such a simplistic scene;
I stop
Going on again
Looking to perfection
And the understanding
That it only exist
In the acceptance
That nothing is
Ever was
Or shall be
But that the beauty
Is what I see
Out of the corner of my eye
That hurried vision
As colors blur
Leaves fall
Scents come
Quiet calls
Leaving all...
Perfect.
©2007clarencecbess

No comments: