Monday, September 7, 2009

Solo

Being alone and being lonely are two VERY different things...

"Solo"

I'd really like to know
I'd really like to be whole
But most times I just go
Solo

I'd really like to see
I'd really like to be complete
But lovin' it aint free
So I'll go
Solo

Like the stars within the sky
You know you can't see truth
Until it's night

I'd really like to say
My heart has found a home to lay
But life it aint that way
So I'll go
Solo

I'd really like to hold
Someone other than my pillow
To fall asleep for dreams
Of things the way they've never been
Lips to kiss and touch
Eyes to know this much
That I'd rather be within
Than go
Solo

Like the stars hanging high
To see their glow
You must wait till night
Maybe this you already know
But no one ever really wants to go
Solo
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

Rodney Kline said...

so very true