Friday, September 11, 2009

Too Late Tonight For Glory

Contemplating stories
I'm awake too late tonight
Longing for the blanket
Of death that waits in sleep
Listening for the glories
That I can only dream
As I contemplate the stories
To tell my soul's undoing

The simplest of pleasures
Always out of reach
Longing for a time when
I can truly sleep
I'm awake too late
Far too many times
Contemplating worries
Their nightmares to descend
To tell my soul's undoing
In this time and space I'm in

My waist is getting weary
From the imbalance I digest
My soles they beg to rest
As I contemplate the stories
I'll dream in sleep tonight
Or is it early morning?
I can't tell underneath these lights
Waiting for descent
As the madness slips and stays
And nothing I type makes sense.

Too late tonight for glory...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: