Friday, June 5, 2009

Thus Far - The Haikus

Over the past year since the publication of my 1st book "Actuality Askew", I have gone over ideas for a new book. Several days ago, it occurred to me that one of my favorite parts to the book were the Haikus. Without giving too much away, here is the ensuing result...

"January"

Resolutions come.
Despite the chill I am warm.
New year with old dreams.

&

Blog the words I breathe.
Creativity a must.
Where will I go now?

"February"

Bitter frustration.
Seeping through my work and play.
Time for a reset.

&

Thank God for my friend.
Florida reset worked great.
Now handle business.

"March"

Let it go; madness.
The steady course is hardest.
Bird's song makes me smile.

&

The cold tries to stay.
Between clouds I see the blue.
Patience is a must.


"April"

Transferred to heaven.
Even in the hell I breathe.
God listened to me.

&

Ball's in your court.
Stand up and make up your mind.
Showers bring flowers.


"May"

I did it again.
Fool to depend on others.
Hard head, sore behind.

&

He came from nowhere.
Red sunrise on my blue sea.
Totally smitten.

"June"

So let the rain fall.
Today from sky and fate too.
Green days will come soon.

&

Release. Reset. Go.
Honor. Remember. Excel.
Beauty in passing.


"July"

Independence lost.
Searching for solutions now.
Blow out my candles.

&

Renewal again.
Injustice and clarity.
The circles of life.

All Works©2009clarencecbess

No comments: