Saturday, June 27, 2009

You Said What?!

Too much freedom is a dangerous thing. There is a time and a place for everything. I and mine have earned the right. Now shut the fuck up and listen to the words...

“You Said What?”

I feel the tingle
The alien in me
That quickening of heart
As I hold my tongue
Remembering my mother’s words
‘If you have nothing nice to say..’
Feel that tingle
So ingrained
On history’s whispers
Songs of the fields
I don’t even think twice
Rather sit and write
Following the rhythmic pound
Within my chest
Clenching my pen
Paring out my frustration
Bleeding words
To keep me sane
Lesson’s learned
I’ll make my stand
Feeling the tingle
Each time I say these words
This phrase
And I am here in this moment
Relived
Where expression
The presentation of truth
Lay wounded but strong
In the battle of creativity
Wounded but stronger
In the battle of me…
©2008clarencecbess

No comments: