Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pastel

Sometimes I feel like pastel
Think in tangerine
Sometimes in the midst of my rainbow
I realize the colors aren't what they seem

Too often in my private I'm public
Too often I don't save the pennies shelled to me
And sometimes in the morning's dew I can tell
That the day is gonna turn out pastel

Maybe in the light it's truly in the dark
Could it be at the end of the race
Is where the running starts?
Dreams are further than fantasy
So far as I can tell
That lining along the cloud, well
It's not so much as silver as it is pastel

Sometimes I go the way of blue
Even though it's crimson in my heart
Too often I am silent when I should
Open up to play the part;
Maybe in the midst of my rainbow dream
The colors change for they can tell
My need to breathe pastel...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: