Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tears

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. True, but pictures go beyond words for me. I found myself looking at some photos when a strange eerie feeling came over me. I could feel the emotion of those eyes. I understood the tears, the longing... well a usual I had to put my thoughts down...

“Tears”

I understand the sadness you
Your fears
All that becomes when world is blue
And tears
Are friends that comfort you
Alone in corners
Under covers in the silence of night
Away
From watchful eyes that ask
Why must he be this way?
I contemplate my fate as you
The sad remains
Of tears that prayed
Lost and forgotten within rooms
Locked away with troubles deep
To sleep
Under dreams which bloomed
Escape beyond a world of ruins
Fantasies pursued
Away
From watchful eyes whom want to slay
My soul
Because I am this way
I understand the sadness you
Those things that got away
Escaped
Leaving only tears to play
Befriend
Defend
Into today
My thread it bends
On shears of fate
As tears
They call to run away
Return to home
To yesterday
And there remain till end of days
Because I am this way
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: