Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wishing Well

I got a little tune stuck in my head on the way home. Maybe it was the sesame st. episode... I don't know. But I sat down and tried to get this out of my head. Part of me wants to consider this piece unfinished, but the other half knows better... You be the judge. Enjoy!


“Wishing Well”

So far as I can tell
It’s not a wishing well
The way things came to be
Between you and me

Remembering the day
When on your lap my head did lay
And surely with your touch
I did think away
Into future years to come
How I wanted to bathe in you my sun

But your light it shone from hell
I must love getting burned
As far as I can tell
There was no water in the well
Wishes never shined when they fell
Into the darkness we

So far as I can tell
It’s not a wishing well
The way we came to be
Lost within the shade completely…
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: