Monday, May 25, 2009

Fine Lines

Been a bit scatterbrained lately, but this was a nice moment of clarity on the train...

"Fine Lines"

It's unusually hot
Sticky moist one wants not
When you're deep underground
And you can't move around
People mumble and groan
Yet the machine moves on
Wherever we need be
For a moment universally...

Stops they come and go
Maybe half wants to know
Why the powers that be
Strangle so completely;
And she's looking to me
'Cause I came across her face
Attempting to line
This space and this time;
Fine...

Chill comes
Yet here I am
Sweating profusely
Lost in the rock
Over bridge and sea
In my corner of life
I attempt to maintain
On the tattoos of her
Inspiration comes again
As they look to me
Curiosity
Streaks across the mind
If not the face
In this place and time
Where I attempt to line
Minutes that pass
Fine...

Faces come and they go
Places one never knows
Beyond their interest inlaid
What's willing to be paid
For discovery
The chance to expand
Beyond their corners
Their private miseries
And the seconds that pass
So fine...

Always leaves me with new lines.
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: