Saturday, June 20, 2009

Reminders

Being here in Florida, seeing family and friends and the haunts of my youth... with things the way they were, are, and shall, or could be... I am reminded. Everywhere...

“Reminders”

Everywhere
Reminders
In the sand between the patches of grass
Half dead and tanned
From the sun that seems to beat down
A little heavier than it did in my youth;

Everywhere
Reminders
As I smell my clothes
The night before
And the taint of their cigarettes
Music
Not to mention that sticky substance
That kept the cue ball from rolling right;

Everywhere
Reminders
As characters make words
Make stanzas
Make free my mind
Attempting to deal
In the best way it knows how
With the memories made
Processing
And the ones that were never meant to be…
Again fate;

Reminders
Everywhere
Like the dust you thought you got
Could’ve sworn was wiped away just a second ago
Only to return with a reality that it never left…
Like dust
Tiny particles tickling the inner workings of my nose
Bringing me to expel my soul
One sneeze
Blade
Thread
Utterance at a time…
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: