Friday, June 5, 2009

That I

Sterile
I'm afraid to touch
Symmetrical
Isn't worth half as much
Misery
Living in the light
That she breathes
That he needs
That I

Anger
Here's my chance to breathe
Peace
On Earth I'd hope to live to see
Misery
No longer on my streets
Behind her smiles
Inherited
By the avenue and corner's child
That we teach
That I

Sing
With tainted air I breathe
Songs
Aren't as worth half as much
Misery
Dripping from their scales
That dangle in the light
By which he reads
By which she sees me write
That I

I'm a little pressed for time
Because someone got it in my mind
As before
To have me wanting more
Despite what I need
Made so sterile
I'm afraid to touch
Beyond my dreams
Behind wishes
That I
Write
Away
Upon
Within this light
Throughout this fight
That I...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: