Monday, June 15, 2009

Silent Scream

To Eric H... exploration is the way to the soul.

"Silent Scream"

It was only dreams that stood between
It was beyond myself I came to be
Silence covering the scream
That inner power to accomplish things
And yet I'm still sitting here
Looking for explanation beyond what I see
Beyond what the world means to me

It was only fear that kept me right
As I grew into this thing
Letting go my silent scream
Beneath a carbon night
At the base of a canyon deep
Encrusted with the history of my fate
Looking for justification of a misery
But it was only
Only a...

It is only love that stays my hand
Strengthens the tightrope
Between now and the promised land
What could be wanted there between
Infinite sky
Littered
With clouds of wreckage
The gust of forbidden scenes
And the hollow cries of shattered dreams
But chance is only
only a...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: