Friday, March 27, 2009

To Tony

I am so thankful I was informed as a child. And now, the search begins...

“To Tony”

Last night I dreamed.
Unfamiliar faces swam
In pools of unfamiliar sounds
Echoes of things
I don’t know to be true
But might very well be.

I dreamt of you
And I was happy
Because I saw you there
Where two roads met
Saw you discover the path
Hidden in between
Revealed by the chance opportunity
I am so jealous of
The opportunity that dwells
In the back of my thoughts
Each time my questions come
And there are no answers,
Just the eternal white
Of possibilities.

Last night I dreamed
Myself unrecognizable
Running through arms
That would welcome me
Hold me tight
Bringing peace
To the restlessness
That came upon seeing you
Further down
The path unknown
And the world that sprang to life
In a spring renewal
Decades in the making
Amongst the winter veil
Unsought but known
Placed over your eyes
Because who isn’t grateful
For the chance of life
And the experiences that come along
In the design
Never perfect
But valued;
I dreamed
And woke as always
But feeling different this time
Because you
Closer than anyone I’ve ever known
Has tasted the elusive
And now I too
More than in the past
Feel I am ready
To quench the thirst
Rich and deep
To live the dreams
Beyond my sleep…
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: