Monday, March 2, 2009

Please Do Not Feed The Pigeons

There are too many pigeons in this country...

"Please Do Not Feed The Pigeons"

Please do not feed the pigeons
Those vermin of the sky
For they become a little too dependent
Upon the hand of you and I;
And what's our reward
For a little heart and bread?
But to have toxic splats of shit
All over our benches, cars, and heads;
perching on in splendor
They sing their wicked coo
Some of us listening with dread
As they multiply like rabbits
To overtake the land
With laws created
To keep their species far from dead
I wonder what
And if they dream at night
High above our heads;
'These petty beings
Arrogant and wasteful'
In their song I hear it said...
Makes me wonder
At this very moment
Who is taking aim
Above my little head...
©2008clarencecbess

No comments: