Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Morning Resistance

Morning. 630. I don't want to move. And this is why...

“Morning Resistance”

Intertwined
The radiator hisses to life
Another morning
With things to get done
But I’d rather pull you close
Closer
To the heart of me
As warm as us in nature
Together beneath blanket and sheet
As fatal leaves fall
And those dying seek to hold on
This crisp morning
With things to get done
Places to go
Requiring too many coats
And tissues to spare
I’d rather be with you here
The radiator hissing
Windows cracked to allow
The slightest breeze
Intertwined as mother to nature
Possibility to dreams…
©2008clarencecbess

1 comment:

MiguelANgel said...

i love this poem!
it's so tender and sweet and true to how i feel when i am in bed with one I love! Always wanting to linger in bed with the one who holds my heart. you are brilliant, Chris! Keep writing and blessing the world with your insights and poetry!

sincerely,
Miguel Angel