Sunday, May 10, 2009

Damask And Blue

I stand alone
Sifting through doubt and reason
My heart a home
Boarded and vacant through seasons

No light was shone
In dark I despair this treason
Your eyes did show
When at last the question was given

To dance without
Heaven in my arms forever
Betrayal did damn
On waltzes of sin so clever

Damask and blue
I drift away
Yet somehow I want to hold you.
Would it be true
If I stand to say
That life should part me to want you?

I stand alone
Sifting through soul and reason
In one hand atonement
From your flowing tears that glistened
In other my stand
To go on alone without you

Should I be damned
To walk paths so close to dales and
What could be shallow remorse
From a heart still too cold to comprehend?

Damask and blue
I’m here to stay
In this moment a man of decision
So I dare to love
For love is the way
For love is the sweetest gift to be given.
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: