Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gold

Said it’d like to define my soul
Said it’d like to remake me
As I’m lost in the cold
Said it’d like to break me
But unto I hold
All the joys that take me
Into the gold
Said it’d like to know me
In the midnight stark
Said it’d like to show me
Heaven within the dark
Said it’d like to break me
With truths of the face
Said it’d like to stake me
To finish last in the race
But I go
Into the gold

All the voices I hear
As I go through life
All the stares I fear
Knowing nothing’s right
Beneath façade I beam
My attempt to tip-toe away light
Into imagination
It’s freedom the sight
So bold
It’s power the call
So gold

Maybe it’d break me
If I gave it the chance
Maybe it’d take me
If I asked for a dance
Maybe it’d know me
If I weren’t so old
To damn myself eternity
Beyond the gold
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: