Saturday, May 23, 2009

Second Glance

Just that. Sometimes on the train you see people. You don't really want to look, but you are drawn somehow. Then you assume. You assume until you are given a reason not to... Even the most hideous of creatures has a moment of beauty.

“Second Glance”

She looked taken.
Jagged
Removed
With the strangeness of her face
A topographical holocaust
That never made it
To reconstruction;
He stroked her
Lovingly
Purposefully
Reassuring her thigh
What lay hidden between
That he was the one
Would always be there
Even amongst the destruction
As it was
Or could be;
The train slowed
Announcement came
He rose and parted
She all alone
Confused I became
In my perverted mind
I replayed events
Bringing new meaning
To vision fresh beyond my eyes;
Disgusted I wrote
Trying to snap a moment beautiful
Out of what I’d thought I’d seen
Till she rose
All now so clear
With the protrusion of life
Beset on her range…
Beautiful woman, man, and child
Bringing a little sunshine to my rain…
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: