Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Hard Way

This is an oldie... Was going through my collection and came across this one. It seemed to sum up a present situation and none-the-less the road to which I will have to take to solve it. I have never done anything on time or the easy way and often joke that knowing me, I'll be the last to die amongst those I know and I'll be late to my own funeral...

"The Hard Way"

And I like it
Place I want to go sit
Think about the torments
And what is really known
Shit
There I go once again
Wrestling with the truth
Sin
And the way my youth is ending
The way my soul
It grows thin
A whisper of a shadow
The broken pane of a window
Looking so together
Yet fragile to the weather
Of life's spin
Wonder where my story ends
Is it here upon your lips friend
As you kiss me and the truth swells?
Looking for answers to questions at hand
Innocent
Like a child's glance
I am at the road's bend
Caught between a rock
And caught in the questions
Of a hard plan...
©2004clarencecbess

No comments: