Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good Night

I got up early this morning
Annoyed by the stench
Tossing and turning
In broken dreams
Looking for arduous eyelids
Rest;
Heard the thunder clap
Eternal
Momentarily vibrating my world
In this hour of darkness
I am usually using
To eat
Those little slices of death
Succulent and free known as sleep…

I got up early
Tried to get lost in the rain
Let each curtain
Blanket me
Carry me away
Beyond television and computer screens
Their contents staring back at me
With the inevitable question
‘Why are you here?’
Always on the cusp of each conversation held…

Got up
With all of these things
With creation standing by
Waiting to hold me
Capture the moment
Making vacant my mind
Enabling the black vision that comes
When at last I can lay
Lost in the rain
Letting it’s sporadic fingers play
Across the keys of my soul…

At last
Good night.
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: