Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Silent Undertaking

Funny
We never talk about
Not talking...

We dance the dance
Skirting about and around
Our history
Silently knowing
We are like-minded souls
Passing the time
With our idiosyncrasies
Private little wars
We wage in order to control
Whatever time we have left...

We never talk
About not talking
And I always end up wondering
Just before tears
Do you watch the blossoms
As I do?
Hear faintly a song?
Smell softly their bouquet?
Only to question why thorns
Would ever grace such beauty...

Dim
I come to know
The more petrified my soul
The looser my bark
Drying and crumbling to the base of me;
Silence and longing
Echoes that strike upon each other
Seeking ignition
To destroy the forest of we
Whom attempt to breeze
Producing sound
Upon the branches
Of leafless trees...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: