Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day One

Am I doomed to want the ones who never want me? This piece, the final one of 2009 is dedicated with hope and possibility to L.F. I don't know if you'll ever know how you blindsided me...

"Day One"

Kismet
Seeing you
Acknowledgment of truth
As with the beauty of a setting sun
I've loved you since day one

Kismet
Your soul within this space
As a humming bird's rapid wings
You quickened my heart's pace
With that I became undone
How I've loved you since day one

Confused
I had to know your name
Had to hear your voice
Make sure I was insane
Because it's not to be this way
In the silence feeling done
But knowing love since day one

Kismet
I'm unraveled over this one
Haunted in my dreams
Desperate in the lines of my songs
My pages overrun
With notes to go unsung
Until you know
I've loved you since day one...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: