Thursday, July 30, 2009

Underneath

Won't it just go away.... Sometimes, I guess you just have to give in and go with it.

"Underneath"

Summer never came
So she escaped with the rain
Danced in the breeze
As the soil gave away
Underneath

Summer asked her to take
As she fought with the breeze
Danced in the rain
Letting go of her pain
With her soil washed away
Underneath

I glimpsed her alone
As she sought to be free
One with the sun that never came
One with a world bringing rain
Pale with no remorse
Devoid of shame
As the soil underneath
Tried to remain

She said soaked in the tears of the day
Still in her dance and my dream
'Time is the kiss that escapes
With the soil down to the shore
To go beyond the sea'

And I was pale
Devoid with release
As my soul joined in dance
Underneath
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: