Sunday, July 26, 2009

Distant

I feel the beast approaching...

"Distant"

I hear you cry
And I am still
Hear you cry
Only to deny my will
And my love
As broken heart instills
The right
To turn away from truths
Besides how could I
Compliment your youth that shines
As you cry
Silver wishes to light the night
Shame that I
Have to look away from your eyes
Deny the rise
Of warmth within my heart
As you cry
And I am still
Lost for words to describe
Just how I
Want to take your dreams
Steal you in the night
Undercover
Un
Denied
The way I trust you will in time
As you learn
Reasons I don't cry
And I am still
Even with the chance to make it right...
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a unique style. Your words and tempo convey one feeling; the meaning conveys a different one. In this poem, your words convey a mood of tenderness and love but the meaning suggests you'll never reveal them to the subject of the poem. To him, you'll remain hidden for some purpose and see his emotional regrets as having to do not with himself, but with you and the unwillingness to show true feelings. All for the benefit of the person crying.

A comment on teacher-student, therapist-patient, master-slave, God and Sinner?