Saturday, July 18, 2009

Puddle-Jumper Observation

I hate those little propeller planes... unfortunately to get to heaven, you may have to take a detour through hell...

"Puddle-Jumper Observation"

Like teeth
They jutted up
Sharp incisors
Reminders
Of age
Change
Inevitability
That they must come to me
As well as death
Uninvited
In the rotation of life
Here
There
Where I was
Am now
And going to;
Periodically a stray cloud
Sometimes miles in width
Would seek to shade
Transforming them into black seas
Deep
Pendulous
Heavy with the weight of my fears
Free
If only for a moment
From the sun
As it made scorching embers
Of each pebble in the mound;
Higher and higher they rose
An eerie attempt
At feasting upon us
Who skirted just beyond their reach...
Though in awe
I was never happier to see the coast.
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: