Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tell

He told her not to tell
That there was nothing wrong
With the way he felt
Looked upon her innocence
Unspoiled and oh so clean
What others would do to him
Would be so mean…

They told them not to tell
Not to give them options well
Not to show them acres green
Where children play
And every morning birds would sing
Because their colors
Well
Didn’t fit the scheme
The belief
Without their shades
It was a better dream
Their excuse
When everyone does it
It’s not so mean…

I wished that I could tell
Could’ve let him know
My mental hell
But the past has gone away
Older now
What would I say?
Old dogs can’t learn new tricks
Is what I’ve seen
To try now would be so mean…

They say you cannot tell
That they won’t ask
Just drop you in their hell
Claim you fight for liberty
The right to spread and breed
Return denied the human need
To love and nurture heart and seed
Last time I checked
It’s red that we all bleed
Survival that we scream
And yet we are so mean…

But who's got the right to tell?
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

Rodney Kline said...

very moving.