Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pieces

Another piece of me fell away
Joined the ages which cake
Browning with rust
And that careless dust
Which becomes of busy
Moments and people who pass
Again and again.

Another piece fell
A ways down
Into the black nothing
Or maybe something
Just this side of my platform of possibility
As I wait forever too long
On an express train to deliver me;
But alas,
It's the weekend
And there is just local.

Fell away
leaving me to look in mirrors
Sometimes strangers eyes
For minutes too long
Caught upon hopes
I'll catch a glimpse of that little boy
Whom desperately prayed for release
First from walls
Then from mind
As it was the prison which held
Took life away
One bad decision at a time
Only to tease success
Momentary awakenings
Dressed in an urgency
Lacking now in complacency.

Another piece slipped away
Veneer flaking
Exposing me to elements
Of self and society
Meant to destroy
Returning me to a stained mother
Whose only purpose now
Seems to be
Tomb;
Maybe when I wake up
Sunshine will strike me
It's warmth blanket me
Sealing my daydream
That I am to be something greater
Beyond me
And pieces falling away
Leaving me hollow cavity
Empty
Longing to be filled.
©2012clarencecbess

No comments: