Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No More

Silent winter's here
I await rejuvenating spring
Want to
As flowers bloom
Stare into faces and breathe
A short
Blunt
Goodbye.

No more can I take
Smiles and contradictions
Ready-made stories
Of how the world's done them wrong
And yet they do all they can to remain;
No more
can I see with mine eyes
Nomadic souls
Eternally looking at mirages of truth
Because some government,
Some state,
A city,
This county,
That school,
Her family,
His community,
Their
Whatever
Has let them down
And despite my honest tries
They all want someone else
Bearing their burden.

No more I say!
No more I dream
As this wasteland creeps
Into the crevices of me
Till now I am late
Every day
Watching my cares evaporate
As vividly and quickly
As a warm exhale on a frigid day.

No more I say.
©2012clarencecbess

No comments: