Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mental Excerpt #2

With memory I danced
Loved a pastime paradise
And as all good southerners do
Enhanced my stories
Making them bigger than me
Adult tree instead of seed
Till they escaped
And I could not grasp
To hold on to them
Instead leaving me
To watch them there
Out of reach
Stars which periodically shone
Through my hazy new world
And wishes to return
Which would never come true.

With subtlety I played
Procreated a stance
As all artist eventually do
Bigger than me
Never complete
To give me something
To look forward to
Always and forever
Creation being that ultimate gift.

With honesty I live
Sleeping in a bed of content
That hurts my back
More with each morning I wake;
That arches my back
With each fetal position I make
To make comfortable my dreams
So much larger than me...
Trees instead of seeds.
©2012clarencecbess

No comments: