Tuesday, January 17, 2012

For Now

Night comes again
On the way to another sunrise
and moments most-likely familiar
But for now
Nothing
Just thoughts of getting there
letting my guard down again
Welcoming conversations that will attempt
To size me up
Categorize
Prejudice me into a pocket of familiarity
Where I'll hope to be change
Instead of material
So I can rattle about reminding of my presence;
For now
She sings in my ear
I close my eyes and see faces
In my timeline prehistoric
Of souls I am left to wonder in mystery
Of current whereabouts
And would they recognize me
Years older
Heavier with the appetites of the living
Weight of my soul?

For now
I'll attempt to move forward
Wake up in tomorrow
Now
Today
Take a look at me again
Trying not to count the lines
My rings of the passage of time...
For now.
©2012clarencecbess

No comments: