Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tattoo You

Sometimes the ABM in me comes out...

"Tattoo You"

It would be heaven
To tattoo you
Stain you with my history
All over your body
Except for your face
Just because it would bring me joy;
The physical embodiment
Of the shame you already hide
That I must live with;
Despite my honest tries
To fit this vanilla cookie-cutter existence
I am reminded
Every
Time
The family
The church
Society
Fails
That though I wish to live as
Myself
I still carry the Golgotha
Gibraltar
Weight of representation
Because you won't let me
Forget
Feverishly holding on
To your legacy of abuse...

I'd love to tattoo you
Stain you
Mark
You
Everything except your face
With my history
To see who would be proud
As I am proud
Of my tattoo;
Would love for you to look in your mirror
See your beauty
What you had
Only to strip you
Exposing what you lost
What you stole
Sold
Raped
Murdered
In the name of colonization
Profit
And that's only within the last fifty years...

Tattoo you
With my misery
And the mystery inherent with stares
That dissect me
Figure me
Pigeon me
One in the same;
Tattoo you
As I tattoo me
As you tattooed we
With your verse
Your seed;
Tattoo you
From the neck on down
Because despite the gray
It really is
A black and white world
Just ask the red
Beseech the blue
The shades in between
Me
And your tattoo...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: