Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Delusion Illusion

Let's see who can figure out who this piece is about... Now taking callers.

"Delusion Illusion"

Little girl
Little girl
Still living with your dolls
Locked within your fantasy
Do you hear reality's call?
That people all around you
Are old enough to see
These embellishments of the truth you spew
Are cause for laughter
In moments of other's privacy.

Little girl
Little girl
Why are you still on daddy's lap?
Why did you stem the rose
Dance down the aisle
Thinking waltz
When it was really tap?
What have you done
Subsequently these years
To brave the world so cold
But to toss away
Every possibility
To give yourself a soul;
We're getting old
We're getting old
And the stories are over-told
What amazes me
Is that you truly think
Your painting are so bold;
Like wonder said
You're spending most your life
Living in a pastime paradise
Ignoring your future
Letting it slip away
Thinking like always
Your past
Will come to save the day...

Little girl
Little girl
I shake my head in wonder
Take some ibuprofen for the shame
And realize I am thankful
We are not one in the same
I woke up long ago
Left the castle far away
Danced beneath stars so bright
Drunk upon my misery
Woke beneath an apple tree
Whose bark I used to make a home
Burned it's trunks
Through my winter
Just to keep me warm
Planted it's seeds to bare more fruit
Just to give away
Woke up from my long deep sleep
To find I was ok
As a man
Able to stand proud and tall
Planted firmly in the truth
Of it all...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: