Saturday, November 7, 2009

Black Note

Drawing up
The collar on my coat
I feel a black note coming on
Funky
Deep in the bass
Emotional thump
Best expressed
With a sway to my hips
The kind that entices
Hooks
Between lit candles
Snifters of cognac
And licked lips
leading to procreation
Or at least the act of it;

Slipping into the joint
I pull down on the brim
Grooving my way through the crowd
The black note
Chilling me out
Warming my soul
Bringing me home
To the 'brew
On a col' train
Slinking it's way
Express to my love
And it's ravenous appetites
Longing to be quenched tonight;

Lost in the dip
Sway
Finger-snap
Silent accompaniment
Black notes take me
Making me theirs
Making us
Theirs
In unison connected
Returned
To the things we put away
But never forget;
Erect
I stumble home
Intoxicated by black note's elixir
Rejuvenated for the task at hand
Of adding my own black note
To the eternal dance...
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rich and sensuous expressing universal desire