Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Automatic

A great song by Prince, I was listening to him as I scrolled through some older works and came across this piece. As always, enjoy!

“Automatic”

Automatic
It is within my dreams
I escape from the sounds
And the pressure of things
Automatically placed upon me
By an automatic creed of bureaucracy

Automatic
And it’s in eyes of green
That I see the fall
Our destruction of things
We thought automatic would please
All of our automatic needs

Automatic
As I run out of time
In an automatic scheme of divine
Automatically inclined
To curse me for breaking his line
As he leaves me with barely a dime
A pot to piss in
Automatic I’m supposed to give in
Ask for forgiveness of sins

Automatic
It is hard to be free
In the tendency of automatic psychology
Or the fallacy
For you to automatic assume
I represent every nigger in the room

Automatic
I see you shift in unease
As I automatic sit
Stare and then see
Automatically inclined
Myself as I be
In automatic verse
As I attempt to explain
An automatic curse
Of pressure and pain

Automatic
Words come to me
The faintest cries
Amongst loudest sea
As automatic
It is within my dreams
I escape from the sounds
In the race to be me…
©2008clarencecbess

No comments: