Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sadness In Blunt Major

I was at Brooklyn Poetry Outreach reading and supporting other artist, and as often happens after such creative events, I got inspired. This piece, in the bit of hind-sight gained in the hour it's been since I composed it on the train, is a bit of a mixture of themes and images... enjoy!

“Sadness In Blunt Major”

Sadness in blunt major
Strikes me down
As azure hues
And notes
Sing me to sorrow
On my selfish brow
Strange
I guess it’s in my blood
The ease at which
I get down
Yet nary a one would notice
At least in my youth
That my rhythm
Was slightly off
A pigeon-toed fool
Jesting about for the masses
Hoping to escape
Eventually forget
The black stanzas
Echoing in the mind;
I guess it’s in my blood
The ease at which
I get down
Even while I sing proud
Move my hips to the sway
Born of work
Same as play
And tunes that echoed
Sweet escape
Under midnight mark
Royal and soft
As velvet kisses
I wished to lie upon
As I was gettin
Down
Down
In sadness blunt major
With nary a frown…
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: