Monday, February 23, 2009

For The Love Of You

For the love of you
I can't figure out this feeling
That's created when my thoughts turn
To smiles
Questions
And each breath stolen
as you kiss me close

For the love of you
I shake my head in wonder
Because I don't want to be doing this
Writing what I should be telling you
Face to face
Heart to heart
Lost within your cynical eyes
Bright and mysterious
Looking so close but as far away
As stars and mysteries of the universe

For the love of you
I know I won't sleep so well tonight
Tossing incessantly
Upon the question I bestowed
And the asking it
(As I always seem to do)
At the obviously wrong time
For you;
Tossing
Wishing you were here
To draw me close
In surprise
Releasing smile
And answer
Abating the concern
That I am not for you
Allowing me to dream
Lost
Within everything I was
Am
And shall be
For the love of you.

Damn this shit hurts...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: