Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Their Stories"

Again
Somewhere in the tune
Beat of the second hand
Lights upon faces
Mystery of their places
Across from me
Just a seat from me
Lost within the lines
Of a tune or sign
Maybe sleepin'
And she's weepin'
Caught within the fight
In this public light

I try to look beyond faces
But they call to me
As I wonder
Do they see
Me
Down a few spaces
Composing in my mind
Down a few places
Reading in their books
Loving with their looks
How lovely I'll take them home
Each and every one
Upon these lines
Always undone
Because that's inspiration
Because that is my station
To observe the man
Immortalize
To see the tear fall
Before she cries
Again
As she's done before
Another night
Another line
Or maybe it was this one
They all meld to one
Always remain undone...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: