Sunday, January 25, 2009

"This"

Ever hear a song and get inspired? Much thanks to Grace Jones' "This is Life"...One of the best musical representations of my spirit I have ever heard. Enjoy!

“This”

This is the paper
Given to me
Born of wood
Weathered hand
Of the machine
Of man;
This is a pen
Chosen by me
Durable simplicity
A reflection
Representation?
This is my weapon
The words that I bleed
I laid down the spear
Left the jungle long ago
My keys to the world
A language bestowed
From heaven
Through sin
This
Is where I always begin
But by no means end;
This is my sunset
My stars in clear sky
Path through darkened forest
Place where I hide
This
Is what happens
When it’s not about talkin’
What happens
When the world and subways
Are rockin’
Me back and forth
Through clouds and wonder
My voice
This is
My weapon of choice.
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: