Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Sparrow"

Sometimes I just get in that funk that's best suited for a slow jam about love and loss of love. As I didn't have my i-pod on me at the time, I instead composed this little diity... As always, enjoy! Comments are always appreciated...

"Sparrow"

If I told you that you were beautiful
Would you forgive me of the things
That came between us here?
The heartache and the fear.

If I wanted you to fly away
In my arms just one more day
Would you stay?
Breathe me into you?

I'm here in these tears
Wanting your love to take away
All the little things I forgot to say
To keep you warm in the dark
Guide your way through the storm
That grows unseen
Be the sparrow singing of your spring.

I'm sorry, and what am I to say?
If I told you that you were beautiful
Would you stay?

A man upon his knees
His tears of longing see
But you would wash your hands of me.
Tell me what did I do wrong
When it seemed so right
If I asked to stay the night
Would you fly away with me in my arms?
Underneath my wings
Here to keep you warm
As I sing of your spring
The need to have you here in my dark
The need to keep you here in my heart...

If you knew that you were beautiful
Then I wouldn't have to sing
Together we could fly
Together we
Could dream.
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

MiguelAngel said...

Wow! This is so "beautiful" indeed. It so reminds me of a past relationship and with fond memories, I might add:) It also reminds of my song SOGNO! You are so intricate in your expressions of passion and love and the feeling of lost love so hits home.