Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Last Night"

Kinda like "Never", and for the most part the majority of my works, this one started out on a melody. I like this one better of the 2, but you be the judge... Enjoy!

"Last Night"

Love took me to forever last night
Brought me back my sunshine
Made me stand upon the edge
My eyes shut tight
Ready to fall into the unknown
Just a kiss away
Despite the cold
I think I want to stay;

Love reminded me last night
I'm a child of beauty
Caressed my skin in total silence
As if it had forgotten me
As if it couldn't see
And needed to know
That despite the cold
This is where it belonged;

Love filled me up last night
From head to sole
Straight through my soul
Into my dreams
To just a breath away
from my sunshine beams
And the things
Caught on cotton exhales
Produced against the cold
Just a kiss away
And yes I want to stay...
©2009clarencecbess

No comments: