Friday, January 3, 2014

Shower Scene

Tonight I scrubbed you away.
Took the pumice to my soul
Deeper the back and forth until it became caked
With the flakes of your promises
Once healthy and new
Now just a residue I watch a steady stream
Pound and flush away.

Tonight I watched you go.
Quietly you fled just as you'd entered my life
Settled upon me
Stained me
Made me stink of you
Till I was unrecognizable
And all there was left of me
Was a somber core
Wrought with failing and crime.

Tonight
I felt you flee.
You knew there was no more
Us;
That I could no longer support your fantasy
And you could neither fulfill my persistent needs
Too false and burdened of hope over action.

We parted
And devoid of you
I was left to know
Whom I truly was and capable of being...

Thank you.
©2014clarencecbess

No comments: