Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Courtney

You kissed me lavender divine.

Stood against the russet brick aglow
From the only warmth the sun would provide
And chuckled in a way I was too naive to know
I was the subject of conversation.

But now I know.

You kissed me lavender divine.

Wanted me out of mystery I assume.
Or was it a challenge?
Spun me with your eyes
Knew me all too well;
Yes, you knew us all too well.

I know this now too.

You kissed me lavender divine.

I walked home that day elated
With every other step
Afraid with every other;
One fell swoop I knew I was not a man
Just a boy with nothing
Your gift a precious thing of memory
Before even the scent could dissipate.

You kissed me lavender divine.

One day which stretched on for years
Gave rise to my insatiable passions
Till there was no boy, but man
Standing and smiling
That his very core could not exist without your history;
Without those precious gifts you bestowed
For whatever reason...
Curiosity?

As I now know, well,
That's just for me.
©2014clarencecbess

No comments: