Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Everywhere

I don't want to be your friend
But it's you I see everywhere
I don't want to give you my love
But with the word I feel you there;
Everywhere.

If ever you would take my hand
I'd just follow you everywhere
Even as you closed your eyes
Through the darkness you'd feel my stare;
Everywhere.

Dreams of you in light
Greet my vision constantly.
God's message possibly?
The weight sometimes suffocates
Of an answer so complete
To speak those words would...

I don't want to be your friend
But it's you I feel everywhere
Air I breathe
What I ingest to be complete
If only I could say those words
Without consequences
Maybe
Just maybe
Their faces would not haunt
Proximity not creep
So close to that place where I fall
And that line blurs between one and three
Laden words of scarce simplicity...
If only.
©2014clarencecbess

No comments: