Thursday, August 6, 2009

August Revelation

I don't want to hear the word love right now
No sad songs
With their moaning and revelations
Don't want to see roses
My favorite of flowers
Their petals bright and crisp
Waiting to wilt and die
Just like
I don't want to see yet another couple
Holding hands
Stealing kisses
On trains
In parks
Next to rivers and oceans
Their eyes locked upon each other
As they cancel out the world about them
Waiting for sunsets
Birds melodies
And bedrooms
Interpretations of the passion that grows

I don't want to hear
I don't want to see
Be reminded beyond my walls
Of the inadequacy that exist
On my empty finger
Solitary bench
In my desperate bedrooms
Of digital bliss
I'd rather know
Be the lips that receive the kiss
Wind that carries the song
Straight to the ear
Sweet nothings to make the memory long
And the moments right
With moonlight accentuating waves
Petals that never fade
Against music cheery and bright

I don't want to hear the word love right now
Nor tomorrow
Or the day after
I've heard it all before
One too many times before...
©2009clarencecbess

1 comment:

Rodney Kline said...

i can relate to this