Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Hunt

Right now
In this early hour
In the moisture of this morning's growing dew
I want to hunt.
I want to close my eyes and listen for you
Hear those creatures of the night
As they seek me too;
I want my heart to race
With fear and excitement
My prize
A capture or two
Maybe you
I want euphoria sustained
For my flesh to tingle
Mingle with the brush
As deliberate footfalls
And hushed conversations
Between the creatures of the night
Make for bedtime stories
Tomorrow with drinks and friends;
My prize
A capture or two
Maybe you
Right now in this early hour
In the slow of the sun's rise
Just beyond the point of
Too late to care
I want to hunt.
I want to open my soul to the trees
And creatures watching amongst them
As I reconnect
To my self
That part of me I cannot explain
Don't want to explain
Just enjoy
Primal
Needing
Wanting
Having to conquer
Despite my belly full
A prize
Maybe two...
Maybe you.
©2014clarencecbess

No comments: