Sunday, March 23, 2014

I, Chris

In my latest dream
You did devour
Predator to the prey
We didn't get real far
Which one of us could be me
2nd dream
Which would be you?
No shelter near
Camouflaged
I think I've soured
On the taste of you
And yet I pursue
Driver grasping this wheel
Attempting to traverses this pain
Blinding...

Could that be me?
Could that be you?

I need to grow up
Stop looking for those jewels in the rain
Steady downpour of truth and loneliness
But not just you
Hiding behind the boast of others;
I fear I'm drowning.

Diamonds in the rainbow
Add a sparkle to the struggle
A sparkle to the diamonds
Created of the pressures of this existence.

Pie Jesu?
Can you find the time to listen?
Mind you find the time to learn?
I am but an answer to some form of equation
To barely seeing the heat
As I'm caught within article eyes
Society
Making it impossible to sense anything but the night
Hold on;
Gone
This thing haunting
With every turn in the road  of existence.

Wraith of my conscious
Holds on
Dead eyes set to number I think
Slowly and deliberate...
To number one
Beginning endlessly this journey
To the depths of me
And as always,
The destruction I crave so.
©2014clarencecbess

No comments: